Monday, April 8, 2013

show delay & Guitar Center buzz

I thought I would have a new podcast up today, but I've been sick for a couple weeks, thanks to a student who should have cancelled a lesson, but didn't.  She was miserable when I taught her.  After a few days of incubation, I was worse than she was.    Today, my voice is weak and I know I can't record without multiple coughing spells, so it will have to wait another week.  Apologies.

On Saturday, I received yet another mailer from Guitar Center. It was the one with Dhani Harrison on the front.  On page 2, the top headline is Gibson 2013 - The Year of Les Paul.    Then it has some sweet street prices for iconic  Les Paul models, like a price slashed Les Paul Traditional Pro II of $1999.99, down from the MSRP of $3199; the Les Paul 1957 Goldtop Reissue VOS for $4499.99 down from the MSRP $6352 and the Les Paul Studio Deluxe II down to a budget friendly $1399.99 from the MSRP of $1899. 

If you have the sale booklet to which I just referred,  there's a full page ad for their string club, which I mentioned last week.

There is also a product focus page with Taylor's new, fabulous GO, which was the subject of a Take Note segment some time ago and the following week it was among the Best of NAMM. 

I like being ahead of the trend.  I'm glad Guitar Center is picking up on the news and details I have been delivering to my podcast listeners.

I'll be back behind the mic next week.  I hope the podcast will go live by Monday evening.  Here's to getting my voice back and losing the cough.

No comments:

Post a Comment