Tuesday, September 3, 2013

If You Have $5 Grand

In the category of drool-worthy, the extremely limited  edition Takamine TLE-M1 has a preeminent position. How limited?  How's 50 worldwide?

This looks like a masterfully crafted instrument.  If you used to listen to the podcast, you know I prefer ebony for my fingerboards.  This jewel, appropriately, has a gorgeous ebony fingerboard. The tone woods are just right, bear claw Sitka spruce and blackwood. Personally, I'm not a fan of spruce, because it's crisper than what appeals to my ear.  The Takamine TLEi reported to a warm sound, which I have to infer is due to the blackwood.  Sounds like this orchestral size instrument would delight my ear.  






Although I haven't been enamored of very much spruce, I do like the split bone bridge.  If you have an exceptional ear, you're a frustrated guitarist - unless you have an expensive guitar.  It seems the more you spend, the closer to really in tune you can get your axe. The truth is, we  compromise for playability. A guitar is rarely completely in tune.  the split bridge or in lower priced guitars, a slanted bridge, compensates for the limitations  


The onboard electronics are the top of the Takamine line. Because there are 2 pick ups, including a soundboard transducer, which offers a broad range of qualities, not found on all guitar in this price range.

The MSRP, not "street," is just a touch below $5,000.    Does this Takamine limited edition resonate with you?  She's s beauty!

No matter what your axe of choice is, whether is set you back $5 grand or $150, strings will make all the difference in the world.  If you are not using DRs and have not yet tried them, what are you waiting for?  They're the best strings I have ever used, whether electric, acoustic, nylon or bass.  I understand that strings are a very personal choice, but I encourage you to try a set.  If you're like me, you will love the sound.  If not, it's just  a string change.

New guitar or old one, catapult your creativity with a genuine Raptor R Series pick.  It's unique and offers 3 distinctly different picking tips to enable you to create an array of timbres with the same pick. Get yours today, at RaptorPicksUSA.com


No comments:

Post a Comment