Sunday, October 6, 2013

A True Work of Art

A few days ago I received and email that thrilled me, but was no surprise.

If you ever listened to my podcast, when it was a weekly or twice-monthly broadcast, you  probably heard me gush over Paul Reed Smith gutiars.  I probably used phrases like, "I love, love, love them,"  or perhaps, "They are extraordinary works of art."  If you listened to my  podcast regularly, you may have heard it ad nauseam.  It's clear, I'm not the only one who holds these opinions.

On Monday, (that's tomorrow) a custom made PRS guitar will be presented to the Metropolitan Museum, in NYC.   The presentation, which will be made by Paul Reed Smith and Ricky Skaggs, will take place in the Sackler Wing's Temple of Dendur.  It's going to be spectacular! Following the presentation, John McLaughlin will demo the one-of-a-kind PRS for those in attendance.  

The Met has an extensive assortment of instruments and this will be a beautiful addition to its guitar collection.

Here is just a glimpse of the guitar that will be presented.


If you're in Manhattan on Monday, and you can get to the museum in the  afternoon, you can attend! Here are the deets:

  • Date: Monday, October 7, 2013
  • Time: 4:30 pm - 5:15 pm
  • Where: Temple of Denur in the Sackler Wing
In the event this is your first visit to the Met, allow plenty of time. The address is 82nd Street and 5th Avenue. It's a huge museum and it's always well  populated.  I would recommend arriving  (that means after parking, if you're driving) no later than  4:00 pm.  Earlier, is even better. If you walk in at 4:25, you may miss part of the program.  

This special presentation is free with the purchase of a general admission to the museum.

I want to extend my heartfelt congratulations to Paul Reed Smith and his company, and thank him for  decades of excellence, translated into the design and construction of a rarefied range of electric guitars.   As I've said before, and will continue to say, I love, love, love them.


~ Until next time, I'm D A Arlaus, doing my part to spread the excellence, one guitarist at a time. ~



No comments:

Post a Comment