Saturday, September 27, 2014

Farewell My Lovelies

Just a quick post, in case you don't follow on Twitter (which, admittedly has been weak of late) to mention the end of the Genuine Raptor® Picks flash sale.

At the time I'm writing this post, there are only 6 sets of "buy 4 and get 1 free" at a clearance price on my web site GuitarTechniqueTutor.Com  When these are gone, they will be gone.  

I know I have written on more than one occasion, that I used the same guitar pick for decades, with no interest of ever changing.  For me, the pick I play with is not generic, in any way.  it's extremely personal.  When I was doing weekly podcasts, I wanted to review some guitar picks, so I put out requests for what are kindly referred to as novelty picks. I know, novelty pick conjures thoughts of picks with little teeny bungee cords on them or picks made out of milk protein.  Those were not what I was looking for. I wanted to review some good new pick designs.  

I received picks from a few different pick makers, and to give them an honest review, I had to play with them. If I'm remembering correctly,  I left the Raptor® for last, even though it looked the most interesting and promising.  When I tried it, the experience was amazing.  Not only did I like it, but I didn't want to stop playing with it.  The next day, when I went to play with my old faithful, I wasn't as enamored as I had been for the previous decades that I used it.  It was weird.  I felt like I was cheating on a long-time lover. My affection for the oldie had evaporated over night.  

If your mind is closed about changing picks, like mine was, you might want to try them anyway.  The clearance price is right about at my cost - there's no profit added.  I'm just trying to clear them out.  (Of course, I'm keeping a stash for myself!!)  

Get them while you can.


No comments:

Post a Comment