Sunday, November 2, 2014

tantalizing gifts under $30


Now that my gigantic project from another facet of my life is finished, I can get back to blogging regularly.  I can't believe it's just over a month since I last posted anything - but I was swamped.  


So, if you're like me, this time of year, when the clock turns back, a chill is in the air, days are now miserably short and we're seeing November on our devices and calendars --- I'm thinking that Thanksgiving is a few weeks away and after that Christmas and Hanukkah time - and gift giving.   My problem is that I have a far more generous heart than bank account.  So what is a philanthropic spirit to do?  I have a suggestion if you find yourself long on love but short on cash.


You know that guitar player in your life who you'd love to get  the guitar of their dreams, but it's not going to happen this year?  I know what will express the thought, but won't break the bank.  Have you seen the new PRS 2015 Calendar or their 2014 Electric Guitar Book

The 2015 Calendar is loaded with some of the most beautiful guitars made in America.  They are beyond iconic.  They are inspiring.  Any bleak practice space, or grand music room can be enhanced by the addition of this drool-worthy calendar.  




The 2014 Electric Guitar Book chronicles the whole Paul Reed Smith journey, from building guitars in his bedroom, to present day and his most recent creations, built in his Stevensville, Maryland facility.    This coffee table book belongs in the home of any electric guitarist who admires the PRS aesthetic and sound -- and that's most of us.  





These 2 under $30 gift ideas shouldn't be dismissed before you really consider them.  PRS guitars are unquestionably among the most beautiful looking and sounding axes out there.  I wouldn't be surprised if both the 2014 Electric Guitar Book and the  2015 Calendar sell out.   I know a few guitarists who collect the calendars every year.  

I'll probably be posting more gift suggestions over the next few weeks, as well as my annual caution about purchasing gift guitars.  

Practice! 
                   
D A Arlaus                     
 "Doing my part to spread the excellence, one guitarist at a time."


No comments:

Post a Comment